August 13, 2005

Okay, this time I really mean it. I was going to wait to quit until just before school started, but I am now quitting on Tuesday. I've scheduled a meeting with my boss so I can tell him. And, by the way, for any other job I'd give more notice, but the way this job works, nobody cares. Here's why.

1. My boss has a routine. Because recently he's had an employee quitting every week, he simply calls the person who's most recently handed in the application and informs them that they now have a job with Subway, and to please come in on Xday at X:30 (which will inevitably be whatever shift the person that has quit would have gotten.) Problem solved.

2. I'm working to the end of the written schedule, which is Tuesday. He makes the new schedules on Tuesdays. Therefore, he doesn't have to deal with changing any already scheduled hours for me.

I got my paycheck. I cried. He underpaid me. At first I thought he had underpaid me by like 300 dollars but then I realized it was only by like 50 ish. However, I am almost certain that my paycheck prior to this should have been much more. Tomorrow I am meeting with him to discuss it, and to look at the schedules so I can see the hours I worked and make sure he got everything right. And as soon as he admits that he added my hours wrong (I don't think it was accidental or anything), I'm going to say "so, I've been thinking, and I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to quit a bit sooner than I thought I would." He won't be shocked or surprised.

There's a sweet lady that comes in every day and orders the exact same thing. Today I told her I was quitting. She said, "What? You and Jassi are the only people who really know how to run things around here. All the good people here have quit and all the new people aren't any good." I was like, Yeah, know why? Because if you're a hard worker, you don't get paid more, you don't get more hours, you don't get more privileges, you get nothing more than the people who don't work at all. I'll miss her. I'll also miss most of my coworkers, except now there are several that I don't like very much. There's the people that don't do any work unless you tell them EXACTLy what to do, and they're kind of annoying, but then there's the people who don't do any work and when you tell them what to do they d on't do it, and lie about it, so you have to be constantly inspecting people's work and making sure they did it. Which you don't have time to do. I worked with two of those today.

I'm going to take a nap now. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home