February 11, 2006

Hi! I'm very happy for reasons I cannot disclose in a public blog.

Haha, made you curious.

It is Saturday morning, 10 19 am. I work in forty minutes. I just had oatmeal and tea. I'm not going to shower (that would be pointless, because I usually have a strong desire to shower just AFTER I get off work and smell like Subway).

I get off work at 6. Usually I don't work for 7 hours on Saturday; usually I work less. But I'd rather work 7 hours than 6, because we get TWO free sandwiches if we work that long!

Our radio at work has stopped working. We're getting a remodel done soon (they've said "next month" for the last five months I've worked there) and supposedly getting everything new and painted and fixed (imagine actually having a men's bathroom!). The situation isn't THAT bad, I mean, especially compared to my old Subway, this place is very clean and up to date and on top of things. But it'll be a lot more fun to work there once we get stuff nice. I wonder if we'll get an automatic ice maker so we don't have to haul big buckets of ice and dump it in the machine.

But, the radio stopped working. This basically means I've been humming and singing a lot. Usually I hum and sing in the back where we can't hear the radio, but now I hum while I'm making sandwiches, too. It's fun. I don't think the customer can hear me, because it's usually really hard to hear them from across the thing. And we have big noisy refridgerators and machines behind us too, so that probably doesn't help the sound.

I have not been able to get to the bank for a month, so I have two paychecks to deposit. I want to buy shoes and a chair! I want a chair that is comfortable, but also a space saver. I'm thinking about a cloth folding chair or a beanbag type thing. I want a reading chair that will be good for this good weather we're having. Maybe even something I could use outside? I don't know, Ben's going to take me to Target either tonight or tomorrow and I'll see what they have.

I hate walking home from work alone in the dark. Last week, I got off around 5. It wasn't even dark yet, and I wasn't worried or anything. As I turned down the street my school is on, I was walking behind three guys. They knew I was behind them but they didn't directly look at me. As soon as I turned into the school walkway, they turned and started walking onto campus too. They weren't guys from my school, but now they were behind me. I walked all the way into my dorm, and they followed me through the door! Now, guys are allowed in the girls' lounge downstairs, and we have a front desk there with a receptionist, and there were lots of people around. I didn't see what happened, but I know they came in, and when I came around and looked out the window, they were leaving the dorm. It was freaky.

That's why I like to get rides from people back from work.

Usually I get Ben to pick me up on Mondays and Wednesdays, and I call Bethany or Amanda for Fridays when Ben's gone, and Saturdays I get off early enough that it's not a problem. But last night, everybody was out, so I was just going to walk home. I was working with Mandi. Just as I was about to leave, Colin came in (he's good friends with Mandi) to visit with her and stuff. So I asked him to make a quick trip to my school, and he did! I was happy, even though I don't really like working with him, I sure appreciated the ride!

Once, I was off in five minutes, and I was worried about not being able to find a ride, and two guys from Multnomah came in. I didn't know them very well, but they recognized me, and I asked them if they were going back to the school and they were, so they waited till I was off and gave me a ride.

Anyway, it's always nice to have little things like that happen.

haha, last night it was funny, two Multnomah girls came in, and then two more Multnomah people came in, and it was like a Multnomah party.

And THEN, we got a call saying that 19 people were going to be coming in at 6 30. Blah! There were at least 25. The whole restaurant was packed full. But we made a lot of money off them. They were all black. I've said before that in general, black people tend to be rude more often than white people. However, there was one lady that smiled nicely and said, "thanks so much for doing this for us; we really appreciate it." Seriously, that made it all worth it.

I need to get ready. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home