February 23, 2006

somehow, I always find myself in sandals on rainy days...

Amber, remember when I left you at the train station last october? ha. Sounds like a song. October sang the train goodbye...that's not a song, if you were wondering. I don't even know what that really means...but it sounds sort of sad...because of the word "october." what do I know.

anyway.

We waited in the rain, both of us, in sandals and no jackets. It was so cold. wow.

I'm at the library. This morning, I carpooled with my mommy, so I decided after closing up the shop to walk down here and wait for her to come get me. It was a very wet, cold and windy walk. But I loved it. If you don't care about getting wet, then it's a lot easier to ignore and even actually like it a bit. Besides which, it's nice and toasty warm in here, so I'm happy.

I'm having a nice day. I worked all day. I really like working full days. I mean, yeah, I like time off, but from a day to day basis, I much prefer working open to close rather than just a random set of hours in the afternoon. Well, 5. From 1-6. ha. I'm more motivated and focused on getting what I have to get done when I have less time to do it in. Wow, does that not make sense. But it does. It makes perfect sense. Because I know exactly when I have to do something and I do it, because it's the only time I have, so I just make myself do it. Where as, when I have a lot of time to do things, I tend to procrastinate for a while. But, then again, it would be nice to have lots of time to do everything in. I'll take it either way. Someday I know my work will be more than just a job, when I get to be doing ministry way more of the time than I am now, and then I'll love what I'm doing all the time and I'll never complain about how much or how little I'm working because it'll be different, like I'm always working or something, but it'll be work I love, and it won't ever take away from any of the important things in my life because it will be my life and all the important people and things will be in it too.

waaah I'm rambling. But that's okay. I'm in a good mood. I think I'm done writing though, because this is getting boooorrring.

lovesies,

-becca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home