October 30, 2005

hi. It's me. I'm posting because I don't want to do homework, not because becca said I should post.

I'm excited for halloween! I get to dress up! Because as Subway employees we are allowed to, as long as we incorporate part of our uniforms into our outfits. And we get more tips when we dress up. So, I'm going to be a gypsy. I'm borrowing a gypsy style skirt from Penni, and I went to the dollar store and bought some cheap plastic jewelry. I plan on borrowing heavy eye makeup from some friends and experimenting with it, since I have never touched it before. Ever. I don't even know how to use it. So maybe I'll ask someone to do it for me.

And! I'm wearing this oriental type headscarf that I have (becca will know what I'm talking about, and in the next post will tell what happened to hers, or if she knows where it is, or what.) And here's where my genius starts showing (Patrick, your genius is showing. Where?!). I knew I had to have gold hoop earrings as part of my costume - I mean, I'm a gypsy! But I don't have pierced ears. So! I'm going to attach either my two gold bracelets or someone else's hoop earrings to my headscarf! It'll cover my ears, and I'll just attach those where earrings would normally be. Now, isn't that smart of me!

I'll post a few pictures tomorrow evening, I hope.

I got to watch Phantom at Frank and Penni's today. That was really fun. I love that movie, love the music...at certain parts of the movie I'll close my eyes and just listen. That was probably the eighth or ninth time I've seen it.

Oh, haha. Church today. So, we had just finished practicing our worship package. The service was starting in about two minutes. I offhandedly said to Frank, "Do you have anything planned for offertory?" He said, "No, do you?" I said, "No." I started flipping through the nearest songbook. "Oh, I can play 'As the Deer"...that's a familiar song." I wouldn't have time to practice anything, but at least I'd pick a familiar song. And then, my mouth kept moving. "In fact," I said, "I love singing this song. I could sing it and play it. Want to do some kind of harmony? And you can play guitar, too." He was like "Yeah! Sure!"

So, today I played and sang a song WITH someone else playing and singing, and neither of us had practiced at all. I think it turned out well, though I still am not very good at singing in public. But a lady who was new to the church said afterward, "Are you the piano player? Well, you sang very well! It sounded just like an angel!" That, of course, made me feel all good and high in a way that probably wasn't very healthy.

Well, I'm off to find an eye makeup volunteer.

Okay, bye now!

3 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Sir Brian The Manly said...

A FORK!

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger becca said...

thank you.

I bet amber doesn't like it.

But I bothered anyway.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Kaits said...

I know what the headscarf is!

I've worn becca's before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home